View Profile apimusic

All 130 Audio Reviews

94 w/ Responses

Excellent.

The whole thing was really well composed, the only thing that'd I'd change was that a low string synth was only in the left channel, and that res-clippy synth. It was way too loud. Other than that, this was a wonderful track. I liked the drums. Alot of automation going on I supposed. I think you took my advice and raised the low-end. Did alot of good, huh?

I'm looking forward to seeing more, you are one of the most talented people on the Audio Portal.

-API-

AznPB responds:

Turns out that sometimes my knobs turn themselves out of nowhere. <_< >_> And my saved presets I got sometimes are tilted to one channel. So I gotta watch out for those. I'll prolly end up centering them and then overwriting them. And the 303 was loud... The balance on my speakers were off so it was centered when I listened until I saw my knob down there is off too! Damn knobs.

And I kinda did take your advice and didn't. What I did was actually use some mastering stuff and it made everything peachy-keen. As for me being one of the most talented... I'm not too sure on that one. There's lots of people with potential out there. Some have more than others but most of us are just making music to kill time while we're in highschool, right? At least, I am.

Wow.

Very clean sounding. May I ask what program you use? This sounded very very good. I love the the chordy string. Sounds kinda like a guitar strum.

Hawt song,
<3 API

Deviant-Realms responds:

FL 5 all the way! hehe, there where a few extra VST plugins I got though. Thanks for the review!

Nice.

This is wrongly classified though. Put it under hip-hop. DnB is much faster than this, with deeper and grittier bass.

aloneinthedark1 responds:

ya im realy not good at classifying my music so i asked my friend and he said db.

lol

Awesome song.

Ridilan responds:

Who are you?!

Meh.

The whole song sounded a little disconnected. The distorted bass sample didn't fit in with the rest of the song. The strings did not compliment the drums or bass at all. I might wanna work on that just a little.

G'day,

API

Walril-Darkeyes responds:

Well yeah everyone's opinion but the thing here is its called Breakcore ... IOW total chaos :) you have to think away from the drums and bass and whatsoever and try to find a rythem within the total chaos
Then if you found my message in this sound you've become a real coredemon :D

Ahh...

z3ta+. What a wonderful plugin. You like that 8-bar don't you? The song was alright, but the arp in the beginning (If you can even call it an arp) sounded just a tad discombobulated. It threw off the feeling of the song just a bit.

Bad things aside, you are getting your compression techniques down pat and your beats are getting less crunchy and more powerful and smooth. You are realizing melodies alot easier than you used to be. I see you as a seasoned artist, you should keep it up. Try messing around and making your own synths.

I haven't been reviewing your stuff lately, but I have been listening. You should check out my new screename I'm going to use from now on in the Audio Portal. If you care, I'd love to see some support on getting the name popular. It is djAPI, and the first song on there hasn't been screened yet. Keep an eye out. The dominant genre will be Trance.

G'day,

<3 API

Pandora-Tranquil responds:

i may use presets, but i use them with style.

plus i change everything up, once this hits the final version ill have it sounding like a diff synth all together newayz.

WOW

I'M ASTOUNDED BY THE INCREDIBLY HIGH QUALITY OF THIS NEWGROUNDS AUDIO PORTAL ENTRY

TOP 5 NOW!

JK

Good.

Hehe, you forgot to give me credit for mastering it ='( Whatever.

Awesome job on the remix! I look forward to seeing more from you.

HAHA

That was one of the fucking funniest things I've ever heard. Backed by an awesome beat. That was hilarious.

^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^

An awesome remake...

Of and awesome song! Good job dude. I loved the original one. I didn't think that song could be made into a techno hardcore song. but you did a good job. awesome.

AznPB responds:

It is isn't it? ;) Btw, any other collabs you feel like doing? I think we make a good team, you and I. :)

I make drum and bass which I upload on www.myspace.com/geie rmusic. I do not submit work here anymore, and you can feel free to use any of my stuff on Newgrounds. Just be aware that it does not represent my current work at all.

withheld fdskfsfadfs @apimusic